7.14.2013

my gdf kitchen endeavors: avocado toast



Before I write anything else, I'm gonna clear this up. I am not a celiac, nor do I have a serious gluten intolerance. I'm not allergic to gluten, as this is not even possible. I simply choose not to eat it because I feel better this way. Less stomach aches and more energy. Okay moving on with life.
*side note: gdf stands for gluten and dairy free. I'm making this a new hashtag of sorts.

AVOCADO TOAST

You will need:
-two slices of Udi's gluten free white bread 
-one avocado
-Vegenaise (a delicious mayo alternative)
-sea salt flakes (Gwynnie uses Maldon salt from Williams Sonoma)

Steps:
-toast bread
-spread with Vegenaise
-slice avocado and put it on top
-sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on each half 
-eat it and be amazed by the goodness

Fun fact, avocado is considered a super food because of all its healthful fats. Check out this article on Dr. Mercola's website if you're interested.



No comments:

Post a Comment